Physiology & Pharmacology Discipline
The Physiology & Pharmacology IBMS graduate will be trained to enter any specialized field of modern biomedical science in academia, industry, education, consulting, or medicine. After obtaining their Ph.D., graduates typically obtain a position as a postdoctoral research fellow in an academic, industrial (e.g., biotech or pharmaceutical), or government research laboratory before pursuing their first independent professional position.
Typical job outcomes for our graduates include:
- Research and/or teaching faculty positions at a major university or medical school
- Research scientist in a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Research scientist at a government or military research laboratory
- Analytical chemist
- Biomedical scientist
- Research scientist (life sciences)
- Research scientist (medical)
- Clinical research associate
- Healthcare scientist, clinical biochemistry
- Scientific publishing and journalism
- Management and administration
The fields in both Physiology & Pharmacology research is always growing. A few good employment resources are the APS Career center http://www.the-aps.org/mm/Careers and the ASPET Career Center https://www.aspet.org/aspet/education-careers/careers/aspet-career-center.