One postdoctoral fellow position is immediately available in Dr. Fujikawa’s lab at the Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, UT Health San Antonio (http://physiology.uthscsa.edu/). My CV and our research interest can be found here (https://sites.google.com/site/fujikawalab23/home). A successful candidate will investigate the mechanism by which the central nervous system (CNS) regulates metabolic homeostasis.
We will focus on following areas 1) the role of CNS in the regulation of glucose homeostasis independently of insulin, and 2) the role of CNS in the regulation of metabolism, especially skeletal muscle function, during/post exercise. We utilize genetically engineered techniques (Cre/LoxP, optogenetics, chemogenetics DREADDs), neuroanatomical methods (immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization), molecular biology (CRISPR/Cas9), several surgical techniques (i.c.v. injection and targeted microinjection), and electrophysiology. (References; please search by PMID 24011077, 20855609, 25870537, 27874828)
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic talents. The candidate should have excellent commutation skills, and be self-motivated, quick-learner, and importantly a team player. Candidates do not require any particular research background however experience with mice or rats study is preferred. Minimum requirements are Ph.D., Ph.D./M.D, or M.D. with experiences of research. Applicants who anticipate to defend their thesis in the near future are also eligible and welcome.
Salary, Benefits, & Career development
1) 100% research effort
2) Salary (stipend) will be paid according to UTHSA and NIH guideline. Please see following URL http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-16-131.html. Living costs in San Antonio is relatively cheaper than other big cities, therefore the salary is competitive.
3) Benefits include fundamental health insurance, matching pension, and etc.
4) The successful applicant will be supported to attend conferences based on his/her progress. I highly recommend the successful applicant will obtain their fellowship, and own grant. I will fully support these processes.
Please send following documents as combined single PDF to Teppei Fujikawa (email@example.com).
1) CV including education list, publication list and at least two names and email addresses of references
2) Summary of previous and current research and future plan (1-2 pages)
After screening of these documents, the finalists will be interviewed with skype.
Teppei Fujikawa, Ph.D.
UT Health San Antonio
Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology
All postdoctoral appointments are designated as security sensitive positions.
The UT Health San Antonio is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, including protected veterans and persons with disabilities.